Search This Blog

Sunday 4 December 2016

Stopping Over to Pay Homage

If God said, Rumi, pay homage to everything 
that has helped you enter my arms, 
there would not be one experience of my life, 
not one thought, not one feeling, not any act, 
I would not bow to.
.....~Rumi
*************************************


Out of nth experiences ,
let me highlight the turning moments
which I feel have helped me
to enter your arms , My Beloved !
I entered this world in my Parent's arms -
that was the first feeling of being with you !
I entered the school and learn obedience and discipline from teachers -
that was the second lesson
to develop myself and be near you!
I entered the college and learnt independence ,
self-sufficiency and confidence -
that was the third lesson to get away from you
as ego reached new heights as I grew up !
I entered the library and learnt from books that Library of the Universe is
yet to be tapped and entered !
I entered the office to work and
it became my Karmic Field
to sow the seeds of action
but remained aloof to you
as one by one new responsibilities
I have to shoulder as an employee !
I entered into matrimony and
my focus from my self divided into halves
and shifted to my better half and
I forgot to be with The One Beloved !
I entered your World , My Lord as you had planned, designed and timed the moment -
the moment The Arms of My Mother
were no longer there to hold me !
Like a lost son in the World Fair
I roamed here and there
till Mother's Soul held my hand again and
let go of it so that I can hold your Hand My Lord !
I bow to My Mother and Father ;
I bow to My Teachers and friends ;
I bow to Walls of the Alma Mater,College and Library;
I bow to Works of the Spiritual Gurus
( Paramhansa Ramakrishna, Swami Vivekananda , Paramhansa Yogananda and Rumi and other Sufi saints )
who who removed my ignorance ;
I bow to Temples ,Churches and
Gurudwaras I visited;
I bow to every experience
that my memory erased along the path ;
I bow to every person and experience
that I have not highlighted , My Lord
but brought Light into my Life and
Awakened me to your Presence , My Beloved !
.....~ashok "anubhav"

No comments:

Post a Comment